By establishing its design facility HMTC has designed some components of customer’s requirement, detailing of design to manufacturing drawing. By the way HMTC has served its customers by manufacturing critical components. Design review and order review are being made regularly.
a) Design facility – Design Dept. is headed by a Mechanical Engineer from Germany with five Design Engineers. All the designs are made with CAD system.
b) QA – QA Dept. is headed by an experienced Metallurgical Engineer with four QA Engineers.The activities of QA are –
- Study the drawings and prepare a QAP for total manufacturing.
- Prepare Quantity Data Sheet against each item / Drg. Nos. indicating total requirements.
- Stage Inspection including testing and monitoring from raw material to finished assembly.
- Undertake Welder’s approval test as per relevant statements.Generally ASME Sec IX is followed U O S for other standard.
- Undertake all metallurgical techniques with NABL approved LAB.
- Undertake non destructive testing UT/RT/MPI with approved laboratory testing.
- Detail procedure for manufacturing, Heat Treatment, Stress Relieving.
- Quality Assurance activities with approved vendors.
- Approval of vendors by capacity assessment with marking system and evaluation.
- Indicating rectification work and ensuring performance as per drawing.
- Welding evaluation and reporting.
- Finish / Final Inspection of Components / Assembly.
- Functional Test as may be needed.
- Coordinating with customers during inspection ( either in stage or final inspection).
- Training of employees and imparting technical awareness on different subjects.
c) Planning & Industrial Engineering – The Dept. is headed by a vast experienced Mechanical Engineer with four young qualified engineers. The activities includes designing of Jigs & fixtures, planning of production, follow up of timely completion, indenting of requirements.